Friday 10 June 2016

Watermarble!

Yes you read that correctly, I have a watermarble today. I was playing with some of the City Fashion's and two of them looked amazing together and I wanted to do a needle drag, but I decided to try a watermarble. Since I mostly seem to screw up the dipping part, I decided to try it in the "create and contain" circles that is on the miracle mat. So I used a syringe to spread water in the circle and started dropping my polishes on the water.
The two polishes I used is City Fashion 171 & 176. The swatches for them you can find here in my previous post. They spread like a dream. I had no trouble at all. Once I made my design I carefully used a paper towel to draw up the water. The decals were dry in no time. I think if I had to leave the water it would have taken longer.
I used a white base before I added the decals, but I don't think it was necessary. And does anyone else also find that there are days that they just can't paint their nails? Get polish everywhere?
I was super chuffed with how these came out. Like I said normally I just screw it up, but these look pretty good. I actually want to try it again, soon.
What do you think? Gael from Glamore Cosmetics (where you can find these polishes) asked for a video to show how I did it... That is quite a scary prospect.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Like it! And it seems easy to do! Which is always a win in my books :) Love the colors - must get my hands on these eventually

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy. And you really should try these polishes.

      Delete
  2. Love it! I so want a mat like that... I guess I just have to book a trip to SA to get my hands on those Heans as well! (one day, when I've won the jackpot or robbed a bank, marrying a millionaire isn't an option anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well the Rand is almost worth nothing so just bring whatever change you have in your pocket and you'll be fine. You should consider getting a mat. Bliss Kiss is having a sale in July.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh. I really like this!! And I agree with Gael, we need a video!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.