Friday 27 March 2020

Friday Triad: Inspired by @nail_art_by_tal

Triad time! This time it was Michelle's turn to choose our inspiration and she chose this by @nail_art_by_tal. I originally had this pinned for recreation too and I'm not sure how I feel about taking it off my list! I feel cheated... But at least I actually end up doing it. Let me show you what I did.

I started with two coats of OPI DS pewter on my ring finger and pinky. On my thumb, index and middle finger I have two coats of OPI don't touch my tutu, with a coat of OPI int'l crime caper over that.
I then stamped from Lina @shannasnailartadventures collab with Mundo de Unas light grey and then Nicole Diary black.
Top coated and then added a coat of essence matt to meet you. I feel like this polish is a dud... On my middle finger it's a proper matte polish, looks and feels matte. On my thumb I added two more coats to get the same effect as my middle finger. Which is annoying!
You can see here my thumb still looks shiny compared to my middle finger. Anyway, what do you think? I love this! I'm bummed about my right hand not being properly matte, but I can live with that. Don't forget to see what Joyce and Michelle did with our inspiration.

Today is also the first day for our country wide lock down... Since the lock down was announced two days ago, people have lost their minds. Everyone and their aunt has flocked to the shops, ignoring the whole distancing thing. I won't be surprised if there's an increase in the amount of Covid cases because of this. 

Just calm your tits and chill. You will still be able to go to the shop and get food, as there will be food. The only thing that is changing, is that you can't go when you want and with your whole household. We are trying to prevent the spread of this virus. Not encourage it!

I, however, will be at work. Among all the other essential workers. So, if you aren't essential, stay home. Get to know your family again. Spend time with them, make the most of this. Start a new hobby, do that thing that you've been putting off because you didn't have time. Read a book! Because I kinda wish I was in your shoes... At home, with my other half. But I can't.

Just. Stay. The Fuck. Home!! Do what you can to prevent the spread!

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. How clever that you actually just stamped with a lighter colour! I wish I had thought of that! Great job!!

    Also, amen about the staying at home! Thank you for doing your part and wishing you safety. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good. I do like DS Pewter - mentioned before lol :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm desperately looking for a dupe. Keeping my fingers crossed I find one!

      Delete
  3. So sorry about being late :(
    Apparently taxes still have to be filed, lockdown or not, and since I do the filing for several family members and friends, I've been acting as an accountant for the last week...thank goodness that's all finished for a year :)

    But seeing your nails brought a huge grin to my face. Pewter is gorgeous and your stamping is so smart! Great manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I feel you! I only have to do my own and my father's, but he stresses about it and in return stresses me... So I can't imagine doing it for multiple people.

      And thank you!

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.