Saturday 21 March 2020

#52weeknailchallenge: unused polish

Before I start this post I would like to say something about the Corona outbreak... I'm not going to tell you to wash your hands and cover up when you cough and sneeze, because you should KNOW to do that in any way!!! As most of you might know, I am a medical receptionist at a practice with 13 Dr's.  On an average day we see about 250 patients per day. On a busy day we have closer to 300, now imagine having to deal with over 300 people for a couple of days in a row...

In the past 2 weeks I have experienced people lying about traveling, people refusing to follow our protocols of sanitizing their hands before they enter our practice and refusing to wear face masks. Putting our whole practice and subsequently putting all of the staff members, the Dr's and our families at risk. The selfishness of people shocks me to my core. BUT I have also seen people in our community offer to do shopping and odd tasks for the immune compromised and the elderly and that gives me a tiny bit of hope for humanity.

And as exhausted as my colleagues and myself are, we still try and do the best to our abilities for our patients. So if you happen to find yourself in a medical facility and the staff look harassed and exhausted, try and take it easy on them. We are worried of being a risk to our families and we are worried for the well being of our patients. We don't need you to be assholes. Hell offer us a cup of coffee! We will love you for it. With that said, be safe and look after each other.

Now to the nails.... That's what we here for right? It was easy finding an unused polish, but doing a manicure with it is the tricky part. Let me show you what I did.

I started with three coats of ILNP funhouse on my thumb, index and middle finger. On my ring finger and pinky I have two coats of Catrice PLUMdogmillionare.
I then stamped a design from Lina @urbannailart collab plate with Nicole Diary black on my middle finger.
Easy peasy and I absolutely loved this!! Funhouse almost glowed in low light and I was constantly shifting my nails looking at the pretty.
Quick and easy nail art for a long ass post. What do you think? Both of the nail art and the outbreak? Are you also in the medical field and feeling it with me?

Thanks for reading!!



4 comments:

  1. Wow, Funhouse has your name written all over it :)
    Great choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I wasn't sure about Funhouse, but that colour is stunning!

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.