Wednesday 4 July 2018

#52weeknailchallenge: unused plate

Yay for my second monochrome mani... And yes I know, this one has colour too!! This was inspired by @cassis_p. I've always been super inspired by her and I've wanted to do this one for ages. When I shared my inspiration with the group of nail polish enthusiasts I'm part of, they suggested I add some colour... So let me show you what I did. I will be showing you two different finishes, I was pressed for time and wasn't too sure if I would be able to finish in time doing the on with the striping tape...

I started with two coats of Ulta3 black satin on my thumb and pinky, the rest has two coats of Hean City Fashion white.
Here I used a piece of make up sponge and randomly dabbed on some black satin. I then stamped the bamboo image from Lina Summer 2 with Mundo de Unas green. And in case you were wondering, summer 2 was my unused plate.

On Cindy I actually taped off vertical lines and then sponged on black satin removing the tape as I was finished. And then stamped the bamboo image.
I do have a side by side comparison for you, okay not so much side by side, but close enough.
The difference is not super obvious, but it is there.... My colleague noticed it immediately! So for you zoomers out there, zoom!!
I love how this turned out. I'm glad I added the green to it. What do you think?

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Only three weeks behind but fortunately the interwebz keep everything available so I can still comment that this looks GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh only 3 weeks?? I'm sure you can easily catch up.

      Delete
  2. You know I was a big fan when you showed this to us and I am still a HUGE fan. I think you did a fantastic job with it and I just love that you added the green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, if it wasn't for you guys there wouldn't have been any green.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.