Sunday 29 July 2018

#52weeknailchallenge: fandom

OMG I just realised I somehow managed to skip fandom!! Don't even ask how I managed that, it seems I blacked out whole week.

I had lofty goals for this mani. I wanted to do Skyrim inspired nails, but I was still waiting for my Skyrim inspired polishes when I did this. So I settled for my original idea. I was going to do a Howl's Moving Castle inspired mani.

I started with two coats of Hean I love Hean 870 on all my nails.
I didn't want white as a base, so I settled for the light gray. So each finger has a story. Let's start with my thumb and index.
I used feather vinyls from becauseishop on my miracle mat. Painted a coat of Ulta3 black satin and a thin coat of China Glaze let your twilight sparkle over that, removing the vinyl immediately. Once it was dry, placed it on my nail. This is to represent Howl as a bird. Obviously on my middle finger is Turnip Head himself! He was stamped from HeHe 61, his face was coloured in with Hean City Fashion white and the band on his top hat was coloured in with I love Hean 906.
On my ring finger I have Calcifer, fire demon. I used flame on vinyls also from becauseishop. And attempted a gradient, with yellow at the tip moving into orange and red. For this I used Hean City Fashion 178 and 171 and I love Hean 440. For Calcifer's eyes I used a dotting tool and my black and white polishes. Finally on my ring finger I stamped some gears, also from HeHe 61 with Mundo De Unas copper. This is to resemble the castle.

I am very pleased with how this turned out and someone recognised Calcifer!! Without being told what my inspiration is. What do you think? Did I do this justice? Do you see Calcifer?

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. How awesome! I really love that you didn't use white as a base. I think the light grey base really makes everything else pop. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I've never seen Howl's Moving Castle so I don't have a clue about whether this does anything justice, but it definitely looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (shock and horror) Please do yourself a favour and watch it. Mpst Studio Ghibli movies hit you right in the feels.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.