Tuesday 19 June 2018

Moyra stamping polish SP12 and SP16

A couple of months ago we got the news that we would be getting Moyra products in South Africa. Since I've never heard of them before I turned to Google and was somewhat impressed. I decided to get some polishes and a stamping plate or two...

I decided on a yellow (SP12) and light purple (SP16) stamping polish. As I didn't have any of those in my collection and might need one of those shades... Eventually. And the day did come that I needed a light purple, so I tested the polish on my miracle mat.
And oh my word was I disappointed... Barely there on black and white? This might as well have been a normal polish. So this had me worried, what would the yellow be like?? And I tested the yellow.
Slightly better... But it's still not what I would expect from a stamping polish. I shared my findings with the Whatsapp group I'm part of and they suggested I maybe contact the supplier as there may have been a problem with this batch of polishes. Which I did....

And boy, did I get the third degree. First, I was told that these are pastel colours and it depends on which surface I stamp them (????). A silicone mat doesn't show the true colours, its best on a black and white pop stick. Then I was asked if I shook the bottle, did I add thinners to it, why did I wait so long before using it, when did I buy it?

At this point I didn't even bother replying. Firstly the miracle mat was designed for nail art and to do test swatches of stamping polishes. Secondly, isn't shaking a polish bottle the first thing you do? And why for the love of all polishes would I add thinners to a stamping polish? Why? And as for the last two questions I'm not even going there because it seems like the implication is that the polishes have a shelf life. And I was starting to get annoyed.

I was also sent this:
This is the test swatch I was sent by the contact person at Moyra SA. How is this any better?????? According to the Moyra SA and Moyra Stamping websites these polishes are "extra pigmented, fast drying" and "developed especially for nail art stamping". Nowhere does it state that they pastel polishes and won't stamp on certain mediums. I decided to do a test swatch too on black and white polishes.
Disclaimer: I shook these polishes like my life depended on it. And guess what?? It made no difference!!!!!!!!!! Again, the yellow isn't bad, but it's not quite there. Something else I noticed that may or may not be a little odd, is that these polishes didn't have mixing balls, but the stamping polishes I got for my Secret Santa Receiver does...

I did manage to find two reviews, by the same person fortunately, that shows these two polishes. The link for the purple polish and link for the yellow polish and I wish I got those polishes.

The solution for my compliant was, that I could send these polishes to the Moyra SA educator and she will test it for me. Or I could send it to the contact person and she could test it for me. If something is wrong with it, she will then replace it. Honestly, considering the test swatch that was sent to me, this is clearly how they expect it to stamp. 

All in all, I'm very disappointed. The customer service was crappy, the polishes are sad and I won't order from them again.

What do you think? Are my expectations too high? Or does it all just suck?

Thanks for stopping by and reading my rant!






2 comments:

  1. Nope, your expectations aren't too high. Stamping polishes should be 100% opaque, even over black. Otherwise they shouldn't be sold as stamping polishing.
    I love the Moyra stamping plates but I don't think I'll be buying their polishes... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'll get the good ones. I mean the ones from that other review looks pretty darn good.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.