Monday 25 June 2018

#52weeknailchallenge: TV show/movie

I'm kinda glad this prompt didn't get kicked from last years challenge. I have the Studio Ghibli inspired stamping plates from HeHe and I'm trying to use them all. Even though it will take me some time. I decided on using HeHe 64 which is inspired by The Wind Rises.

It's about a Japanese engineer who designed their fighter aircraft's in WWII. During a great earthquake in 1923 he meets this girl on a train with her maid. The maid broke her leg and the engineer carried her all the way to their house and left without leaving his name. Then years later the engineer and the girl meet again, falls in love and get's engaged.. But she has TB and won't marry him until she's better. Not wanting to spoil anything if you want to watch the movie, but it's the 1900's and TB was called consumption for a reason.
Courtesy of Wiki
So looking at the posters for the movie I decided on my colours. I started with two coats of Tip Top beach babe on all my nails. I then used a piece of sponge and sponged on TT we have an agreen mint at the tips of my index, middle and ring finger. I also sponged on Hean City Fashion white to resemble some clouds.
On my middle finger I stamped the girl with Nicole Diary black stamping polish. As you can see her arm is outstretched as in the poster. On my ring finger I stamped the plane that was designed by the engineer. And on my index finger I double stamped the dandelion seeds with ND black and white stamping polishes.
What do you think? Mark says he recognized it instantly, but I did talk to him about it before, so maybe that's why... I really would recommend this movie, but be aware it's not everyone's cup of tea.
I on the other hand liked how this turned out... And so did everyone else and for once I had a story to tell when talking about my nails. For once it wasn't how did you do it, but tell me about the inspiration.

As always thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.