Sunday 8 March 2015

Chalkboard nails

Okay, so I had this idea in the back of my mind and I haven't been able to do it, as I didn't have a decent matte top coat.  But that all changed when I got my OPI one.

I bought a stamping plate from BPS with equations on it, so I wanted to do chalkboard nails. You know, almost a back to school type thing.

I first started with 2 coats of TT Black Forest.
Once that was dry, I went crazy with the stamping using almost all of the images on plate QA95.  
I used TT Hap-pea, Surfer Girl, Essence Love is in the Air and SC Snow me White. I first coated my pinky with the matte top coat and it smeared! So I just top coated everything with Seche and then the matte top coat and voila!
What do you think? Did I nail the back to school part?

2 comments:

  1. I have that plate also, can't wait to use it.

    Love it, it looks like crazy scribbles, VERY cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the look I was going for... I was tempted to call it Mad Scientist Nails.
      I saw the plate when I was checking out your blog, can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.