Thursday 30 April 2015

Twinsie post with Michelle: Sugar Spun Nails

Whaaaaaaat? A twinsie post? Really?

So I asked Michelle if she would like to do a twinsie post with me... I claim temporary insanity. What was I thinking? Me going up with Michelle? Oh goodness...

I wanted to do cherry blossoms (or as BF would have me say: sakura), but Michelle recently did blossoms, hence came the problem of what were we going to do. Since neither of us has ever done sugar spun nails, Michelle suggested that and then came the problem of our colour scheme... Yea, neither of us are very good at making decisions. I ended up asking BF and he suggested a purple base with gold or silver spun. Then came the problem of what shade of purple (I give up).

Anyway, I'm having an affair with Hean at the moment, so I decided to use #805 from the I love Hean collection. Once that was dry I used OPI glitter off base around my nail for easy cleanup. While I was waiting for that to dry I blobbed some Tip Top Armourplate and Goldmine on a piece of plastic to go goopy and tacky.
I was trying to go for less is more. Not sure if that worked... I wanted the two colours to come in from the sides and meet in the middle. I think I was slightly impatient and should maybe have waited longer for my polish to "dry".
I'm not sure if I like this or not... The texture was slightly annoying, but that's possibly just my special craziness. What do you think? Yes, no, maybe?

Anyway, I can't wait to see what Michelle did as we chose not to share before hand, eeeeeek. So go on over and check out what Michelle did.

2 comments:

  1. I think these are cute. I also feel super intimidated by Michelle's work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think everyone is intimidated by her work! It's good to know that she also has "fails" occasionally.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.