Friday 10 April 2015

Sunset Nails

I've been fiddling with this idea for a while now, I've even written it down as a possibility for some art. So that meant I HAD to do it.

Anyway, I got these super cute palm tree decals from BPS. And they the ones that made me think sunset.

I started with two coats of Essence Love is in the Air. Over that I sponged a gradient using Love is in the Air, Orange you Fabulous and Raspberry Cream, both from Tip Top. As I'm sure you can notice, clean up is going to be a bitch.
After that I added my decals and topcoated. I am super happy with this!! For once my gradient came out exactly as I had wanted it to.
I was nursing a tear on my ring finger here. And it was right on the line... I was hoping that it would grow out a bit before becoming a problem. But I had to shorten my nails. Anyway, let me know what you think.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning!!!!! I love it!

    You should totally tape before sponging. Makes cleanup a ton easier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!! I skip doing gradients often because cleanup sucks hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaanks :D It was a lot of fun though, even with the clean up

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Get yourself some liquid latex (if you're not allergic) to say goodbye to messy clean-up jobs... aaand have fun peeling it off at the end lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, I have ordered, I'm just waiting patiently for it to arrive. The peeling off part looks fun though.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.