Monday 25 March 2019

#52weeknailchallenge: glitter

I wanted to use my Skyrim vinyls for this prompt. And my new Skyrim inspired polishes I got from Color4Nails. I ordered some polishes with Heather when they had their Black Friday Sale and when I saw the Skyrim ones, I knew I had to have them.

I started with two coats of OPI DS Pewter on my ring finger and pinky. On my thumb, index and middle finger I have two coats of Bee's Knees Lacquer Hermaeus Mora (HM).
I was quite surprised by HM, besides the fact that it's almost a one coater, it's holo too! Imagine my surprise when I was out in the sun and the holo started to shine.
Once HM was dry, I added my special vinyls. These are custom made vinyls from becauseishop and I'm sure she still has some available.
I then painted a coat of DS pewter over it and removed the vinyl immediately. I messed it up a little in my middle finger, and on my thumb my base lifted! What a nightmare!! My plan was to leave DS pewter without a top coat to keep the texture, but now I had to. Luckily the top coat sealed the polish on my thumb where it lifted and I forgot about that. My middle finger.............
Hopefully DS pewter is glitter enough for this prompt and I also don't care... I finally got to do my Skyrim mani!!

What do you think? I loved this sooooo much!!

Thanks for stopping by.






2 comments:

  1. Love the combination of teal and almost-black!
    I have to admit I had to google Skyrim... but looking at the results that the dragon made sense too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, sadly I am a Skyrim fan girl. I have gotten a Platinum trophy on PS4 and working on getting it on the PS3. My other half wants me to play it on the VR too, but that I am refusing!

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.