Friday 25 January 2019

Friday Triad: Inspired by Jema (@nailsbyjema)

So last night just after 10 feeling rather sleepy and telling myself it's almost time for bed... I decide to check my emails and there's this email from Joyce saying she forgot to remind us, but tomorrow our Triad post is due. And I was like "nah can't be, I still have time"... And here we are, with a hastily written post, quick watermarking of photos and a slow laptop.

My watermark is different as the app I always use have decided to remove the font I prefer, making it a paid perk. So new font it is! Anyway, let me get to the Triad part of this post. It was Michelle's turn to choose and she chose this mani by @nailsbyjema. This was one that I had saved as well for recreation at some stage. I just loved the whole negative/sheer look! Let me show you what I did.

I started with a coat of Hean City Fashion white on my thumb, index finger and pinky. On my middle and ring fingers I have two coats of a sheer black polish I mixed myself. I wasn't too sure about my colours yet, but I knew I didn't want to do the pink combo, although I did consider it.
The day before I did this I bought Essence kiss the freaky frog and I was drawn to it. Matched it with Essence play with my mint and I had a decent gradient. At my cuticle is kiss the freaky frog, play with mint and CF white. On the sheer black I stamped from Lina twirls and swirls 1 with Nicole Diary black.
I of course had to add OPI matte top coat. Being matte the stamping is a little more visible and I can't decide which version I like more. I also love it when a gradient comes together!
What do you think? Which version do you prefer? Head on over to Joyce and Michelle to see how they've nailed this! I suspect someone may have used purple... I have a good feeling about purple :P

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Did we nail the colour memo or what! We all kinda went in the same direction :D . I LOVE your gradient and I can't really choose if I prefer the matte or the glossy as they are both stunning. The matte does show off the stamping a bit more which I love. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And look at us even using the same polishes!

      I'm so glad you chose this one! It's been on my list for ages too.

      Delete
  2. I definitely feel left out now, you two using the same polish... your nails look absolutely great so I can't be too sad. Just include me in the memo next time, alright? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I wouldn't feel left out if I where you. Our colour schemes are so similar!

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.