Friday 27 October 2017

Friday Triad: Inspired by badgirlnails

It's Triad time and I decided to torture Joyce and Michelle. Neither of them are big on Halloween and they hate sheer polishes that show VNL, so I chose both, in one mani!

I chose this mani by @badgirlnails, I love Sonia's work. There is actually more than one of her mani's that I have on my list.

So I started with a coat of I love Hean 408 on my pinky, index and thumb. My middle finger has two coats of Catrice oyster & champagne. And my ring finger there is three coats of a sheer black polish I mixed myself.
I did a gradient with 408 and Essence black is back. For my ring finger I stamped with a black stamping polish and plate QA26. The spider is a Revlon stencil and Colours by Llarowe gemini rising.
I of course matted (is that a word?) with OPI matte and then it made white specks! Very annoyed by that. It was a bit late when I did this mani, so I do have a selfie light version.
I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I did frame my ring finger like Sonia did, but I cheated. I used a straight line stamp for the tip and a nail art pen for the cuticle end.
What do you think? I'm not too sure about my choice of textured polish and technically it wasn't my choice, it was BF's. But everyone loved the gradient and asked me to do it for them.

Don't forget to head over to Joyce and Michelle and give them some love.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! The colors look great together!!!! (and yes, it was torture... our revenge will be horrible :p )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer!! I adore the colours you used together. Your gradient is perfection. I am now putting this combo down as a must try. You spider also looks stunning with everything. I'll be honest, the middle finger threw me off but I just love everything else so much it doesn't even matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks!! Glad you like it! Well obviously not the middle one.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.