Tuesday 24 October 2017

#52weeknailchallenge: blue

Okay, blue is a bit of a double whammy. Besides that the polish is blue, the name is blue marlin. So two blues! Also this is a bit of an archive mani. I did it ages ago and then I started the challenge and never got around to posting it.

I started with two coats of Ulta3 blue marlin on all my nails except my ring finger. On my ring finger I sponged on Essence I love my golden pumps.
On my index finger I made a decal using stamping plate BP-75 and Nubar silver mist. I coloured in the centre using I love Hean 880 and 878. On my middle finger I stamped using the same plate and silver mist.
For my ring finger I made another decal, again from the same stamping plate, using essence stampy polish in black. Coloured it in with I love Hean 878 and 880.
I'm a little disappointed with the image on my index finger... I couldn't get the crisp lines I wanted. The bottom part of the image kept getting a bit smudged. Eventually I just made do.

What do you think? I really liked this mani, even with the stupid feather not looking how I wanted it to look.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous blue! I can see what you mean with the lines on your index but it's a pretty manicure anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.