Tuesday 17 October 2017

#52weeknailchallenge: food

I've seen people do weird things with their nails and food... So I decided to go the not weird way and use cupcake vinyls from becauseishop.

I wanted to use a light base and preferably one that was holo, so I opted for Nubar brilliant.
This is either three or four coats and a flash shot so you can see the holo. There isn't much of it though. This is what I meant with Nubar being a hit and a miss... Last time I had this amazing one coater of a polish and now this. And there is still VNL.
For my cupcakes, I placed the vinyls on my miracle mat and coloured them in. For the base of the cupcakes on my index and ring finger I used Hean City Fashion 166, for the frosting Tip Top milkyway and the cherries Essence santa baby. I chose the crellies for the frosting so it looks like sprinkles!
For the base of the cupcake on my middle finger I used OPI dining al frisco and for the frosting Tip Top speck-tacular. For the cherry I used a bow shaped rhinestone I got from Aliexpress.
Most people were like cupcakes aren't food, but I'm sure there will be some who will disagree...
courtesy of google
What do you think? Does it count?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love the idea of glitter as sprinkles :)
    *not going to comment on whether cupcakes are food or not... my eyes are rolling too much for that!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least your eyes are getting exercise!! But I have also realised that I roll my eyes waaaaaaaay too much.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.