Tuesday 15 August 2017

#52weeknailchallenge: ombre

I can't believe it's week 33 already. I know we tend to complain when time drags and when it goes too quickly, but sheez where has the time gone!!

If you remember some weeks back to a Friday Triad where I didn't mention too much about my base for the nail art, this is the prompt I was waiting for.

I mentioned in a previous post that I wasn't too sure about what colours to use and Joyce came to my rescue in two ways. Firstly by giving me the colour scheme and secondly by teaching me what an ombre is, because I thought ombre and gradient, same thing...

So let me teach you too... Gradient is blending colours on one nail. An ombre is, for example, going from a dark colour to a light colour across all your nails. I hope that makes sense. Anyway...

From my index (remember my thumb betrayed me) to my pinky:
  • Tip Top sea me now
  • I love Hean 408
  • Essence island hopping
  • Tip Top jade in the shade
And that's that. Easy peasy.

What do you think? After I finished I felt that I should have swopped island hopping and jade in the shade... But I didn't feel like doing it again. And here's a quick look at the art I added.

Thanks for reading!!


6 comments:

  1. Glad I could help :)
    You picked perfect colors and you may or may not be right about switching those two polishes... but since you haven't tried we'll never know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a fan of the ombre before and I am definitely a fan now.

    ReplyDelete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.