Friday 4 August 2017

#52weeknailchallenge: yellow

I wanted to post this yesterday already, but then our internet connection decided to go all funny and I couldn't finish the post. Hence you getting it today.

So yellow... I googled yellow mani's, chose a couple I liked and did something similar.

I started with two coats of Hean City Fashion 171 on my thumb and pinky. My index and ring finger has two coats of 172 and my middle finger one coat of Sinful Colors snow me white.
On my middle finger I did a gradient with 171 and 172. Once that was dry I added some feather decals from BPS.
Top coated and that was it. What do you think? I can't seem to get a nice gradient around my cuticle, I always seem to end up with a white line... No matter how careful I am with the latex.
Thanks for reading!




6 comments:

  1. Yellow and gray look great together and your nails are no exception :)
    About the white line, maybe you could use the color that is closest to your cuticle as a base instead of white? Of course it also depends on how opaque the other color is, but maybe it helps a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could work, if the other color is opaque enough. I really hate the cleanup around my cuticle though. Especially if it's a dark color.

      Delete
    2. Two words: liquid latex! I'm always trying to paint the teeniest bit over my cuticles so they are protected as well. It takes some (read: a lot of) practice but if I manage to do it right, it's the best invention ever ;)

      Delete
    3. Haha that's why I have the white line... That teeniest bit is causing my grief. I always paint around the base but somehow still end up with this line...

      Delete
  2. I looooove grey and yellow together and I love what you did here. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.