Monday 31 July 2017

#52weekchallenge: stars

I know, I know. This prompt was meant for last week, but I was feeling terrible and couldn't muster the energy to do the post. I'm kinda sick and tired of feeling sick and tired!

I was inspired by this mani done by Thea over at Madness Nails. I started with two coats of L.A Girl brilliant blue (which is supposed to be holo, but it is a very sad holo) on all my nails. Top coated and waited for that to dry.
I then used starry night vinyls from becauseishop. Arranged it randomly on my nail and used a piece of a torn up sponge and sponged on Sinful Colors snow me white.
I tried for a distressed look and I'm not quite sure if it comes across that way.
What do you think? That's stars and later this week I will post yellow, now that was a fun prompt (not).

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Stars: check!
    Distressed look: check!
    Holo: absolutely sad ;)
    Two out of three ain't bad, right? (and if the base had been called a glitter I would call it quite pretty, but not for a holo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right hehe, it shines in sun though. But very sad holo. You don't even see a hint of it in the pictures.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure why but this reminds me of denim. like denim and distressed stars. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I've been meaning to try "denim" nails at some stage and now I know what base to use.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.