Tuesday 16 July 2019

#52weeknailchallenge: stripes

I'm going to start by saying this was a bit of a fail and I should have used last week's prompt for this one instead... That being said let me show you what I did and you can judge.

I started with two of Hean City Fashion 200 on my thumb, index and middle finger, on my ring finger and pinky I have two coats of OPI DS pewter. Did I mention before how much I like this polish??
I then used Mundo de Unas forest to pick up an image from Moyou trend hunter 2. I then dabbed on some Essence I (heart) my golden pumps on the leaves only and left it to dry. In the meanwhile I stamped the checkered design with forest from QA95, a stamping plate I got from BPS.
Once the image on my stamper was dry and I wanted to place it on my nail, only part of the design transfered.... It was too dry! The leaves also had a checkered background. So lesson learned. Coat the nail or whole design with another coat of polish to make it tacky.
I feel this is a design I might try again... I kinda like the spot of glitter showing trough the leaves. What do you think? Complete fail or just a little one?

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a little fail ;)
    I mean, the polishes are gorgeous, the glitters peek through the leaves which is pretty, and there ARE stripes, so mostly a win in my book :)

    ReplyDelete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.