Wednesday 3 July 2019

#52weeknailchallenge: gradient

I wanted to try a different set of colours than the ones I would normally reach for when doing a gradient. So my solution was to ask the Fiance what colours he would choose. And so he chose blue, orange and red. Then started the task of showing him multiple shades of each colour and him choosing. And we finally settled on the right shades. Then the question was in which order, but by then I had started to annoy him and he was no longer interested.... Men!

I then turned to my faithfull polish loving Polished Pretties group, hoping someone will be available to help. And they did not disappoint. But I'm dragging this story out way too long for a rather unimpressive gradient. Let me show you.

I started with a coat of Hean City Fashion white. I then sponged on the gradient with City Fashion 169, 178 and 189.
And that's it. I didn't do anything fancy, just a plain ol' gradient.
I won't even mention the flaws I see, I'm hoping you don't.
What do you think? I kinda like it, and definitely not the normal colours I would choose.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

  1. Those are definitely colors I wouldn't have picked either but it looks pretty and I even see a bit of green(ish) where the orange and blue overlap... great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... As you can see I tried to restrain myself from adding more to it.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.