Monday 27 August 2018

#52weeknailchallenge: splatter

I had no idea what I wanted to do with this prompt... I have splat decals and I have Lina plates.
So I decided on Lina plates. It just kinda came together but I don't know if it WORKS.

I started with two coats of Pahlish Idris on my thumb and pinky. The rest of them have two coats of a nude HD polish with no name. Can I just say how much I despise polishes that doesn't have a distinctive name or number? I mean it's bad enough when they don't have a name, only a number...
Anyway I then stamped 2 images from Lina make your mark 1 with Mundo de Unas mint and orchid. Then I added as an accent a splat image using Nubar silver mist. A flash shot to show off the holo in Idris.
As I said I'm not sure if it works, maybe the silver stamp was over kill. What do you think? What do think I should have done?
I had to matte it. It dulled the holo completely, so I'm not sure if I should have done that.. Which one do you prefer?

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I love that brownish holo but I think I prefer the matte manicure as it looks more like you really splattered it, if that makes sense... (if not, I've been around acetone fumes too much ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D:D I think we have all been around acetone too much, but it does make sense, or at least I understand what you trying to say.

      Delete
  2. I love this so so so so so much. I also love idris but I am with Joyce on the matte splatter. I love it. I think Irdris is beautiful even matte without holo so seems like a double win to me.

    ReplyDelete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.