Monday 20 August 2018

#52weeknailchallenge: animal

Let's just get this out the way, I did owls for animal. Get over it.

I had no inspo for this prompt at all. I knew I wanted to use owl decals, but that was it. So I sent a SOS to our Secret Santa group and this was born....

I started with three coats of Sally Hansen go bananas on my index finger, two coats of SH palm treat on my middle finger, two coats of Hean ordinary misfit on my ring finger and the rest has two coats of Hean City Fashion white. While that was drying I placed some zig zag vinyls on my miracle mat and used the 3 colours to make the zig zags.
While those were drying I stamped my branches from m66 with Munde de Unas caramel, removing the flowers with a dotting tool. Then stamped the flowers with MdU mint, removing the branches. Adding my decals after that. (the look of the purple owl matches my mood most of the time!)
Once my zig zags were dry, I carefully peeled them off and used my clear stamper to place them. I kinda like the look of it, with the white peeking through.
What do you think? I think it's different and quite colourful. And I'm glad I asked the group. This came out great thanks to them.

6 comments:

  1. This is so happy and cheerful I can't not smile when I see it :)
    My current mood closely resembles that of the orange owl... but I hope to relax and go toward purple own soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the best. I love love love the colours and how you paired the owls. Also, why is owls for animals an issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I thought some people might have an issue since they technically birds... Maybe I was over thinking it!

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.