Monday 6 August 2018

#52weeknailchallenge: black & white

This was another mani that I had high hopes for didn't quite work. A while ago I've been seeing all these mani's on Instagram, that had a gradient base and black and white flowers.... I can't remember who did it first or who did it... But this is a shoutout to those people!!

So the gradient part was fine, I started with a coat of Hean City Fashion white. With these I don't worry about having an opaque base, since I'm doing something over it..... For my gradient I used essence play with my mint and Ulta3 radiant orchid.
I wanted to have multiple flowers, but time wasn't on my side. And I spilled acetone on my desk and messed up the base of my one clear stamper. So the head is clear but not the bottom and the bottom doesn't come off! So sad.
Anyway for the flower I used BP-L067 with Nicole Diary black stamping polish and I used CF white to colour it in. I may have been a little impatient with placing these. My white wasn't quite dry and I kinda made the flower from being long and elongated to a round blob!!
Hopefully it's not too obvious and you can still tell it's a flower? It's not bad, but its not good either. What do you think??
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea behind it, and I can see it's supposed to be a calla lily... but I'm afraid you're right, the poor thing got mangled quite a bit. Maybe a rerun in 2019?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe guess I shouldn't be trying to do intricate nail art when I don't have time for it!! I'm totally game for a rerun.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.