Saturday 11 July 2015

#OMD3: Leaves

It's kinda weird posting on a Saturday... There was a time that I posted on Sundays, but I've changed my schedule. Still it's Saturday and it feels wrong. Anyway, the reason for today's post is the Oh Mon Dieu challenge. Day 11 is leaves and how difficult can it be with great stamping plates?

I started with 3 coats of Hean #225 (Mojito Madness) on all my fingers. Kinda odd that the swatch Michelle did required only 2 coats to be opaque, but I needed 3. Anyway, once that was dry, I used the 'dry brush' technique on my middle finger.
I used Tip Top Liquid Envy and Lazy Lizard. I used stamping plate BP-L015 for the leave pattern on my middle finger and the leaves on my index... I made a stamping decal with BP-L001 for my ring finger. I used Nubar Conserve for all the stamping. Conserve was a bday gift from Michelle and it's a beautiful colour and it stamps amazingly well.
I used Liquid Envy and Lazy Lizard to colour in the decal I made for my ring finger. I kinda like how this came out. You can't see much of the dry brush though and BF thinks that's because my colours are to close to each other. Oh well... Guess I'll have to try it again sometime...
Excuse the white flecks on my fingers... I was trying out a new liquid palisade, nail barrier thing and it probably wasn't the best time to try it. It is crap, seriously. My right hand still has patches of this stuff on my nails and it won't come off. It'll probably come off when I remove my mani. I think it took me longer to try and get this shit of my hand than what the actual manicure did. How sad, right?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's odd, I think we all use different thickness coats.
    Love the leaves. Came out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Mich. I always thought I use thicker coats than most...

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.