Friday 10 July 2015

#OMD3: Floral aka Sakura

This post has been sitting in drafts for ever such a long time, because shortly after I did it, the PPSA nail challenge started and it didn't fit any of the prompts... And now I have found the perfect spot for it. The OMD3 nail art challenge! Here is the prompts.
My posting will be a bit erratic this month as I'm only going to do some of the prompts.
I've been wanting to do cherry blossoms for the longest of times... I was a bit apprehensive as my freehand skills are basically non-existant. And I didn't have, what I thought to be, a brown polish that stamps well, since I was planning on cheating and stamping the "branches"! But then Michelle did this and I knew I had to get Chic me Baby.

I started with two coats of Tip Top Cha Cha Cha.
This has always been one of my favourite shades. The only reason why I don't use it often is because of the colour separation in the bottle... Man it drives me nuts! It looks more white in the bottle than anything else. Hence no bottle with the swatch.
Once Cha Cha Cha was dry and I was watching it like a hawk in case I spotted any bubbles due to all the shaking, I stamped on my "branches" with plate QA21 from BPS.
Then I went to work with my dotting tool and randomly added some blossoms with Tip Top Melting Marshmellows, over that I dotted with Tip Top Sherbet Angel and over that with No Way Rose, also from Tip Top. For my leaves I used Tip Top We have an agreen mint and a dotting tool.
I absolutely loved how this come out. I kept catching glimpses of my nails throughout the day and would have to stop to admire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.