Sunday 31 August 2014

Freaky things and Nail Art Competition

My goodness, it feels like this is way overdue. I was planning on doing a post last weekend for my mani that I did with Tip Top black forest and glow in the dark decals I got from BPS. I also did some dots with Essence glow in the dark top coat, but alas, BF went and bought Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.

Does that not make you want to play it? This is the reason why there was no post last weekend, my plan was to do the post Sunday, instead we ended up playing the whole day. Eventually started to realise it was getting late when we had to put the light on.

Let me share the mani with you (I did share it on my Facebook page)....


I actually got a "nice" from BF, never before have I gotten that! His only problem was that the stars are all sharp edges and the dots are round edges and it doesn't go... And I was like whatever. Anyhoo, what do you guys think? Let me know ;)
On to the reason for todays post. Tip Top Nails South Africa has a nail art competition at the moment, which ends tomorrow. You have to get a man in your life to choose 3 colours and do an accent nail with those colours. And take a beautiful picture. So obviously I asked BF and he gave some colours, some ideas, changed his mind, changed his mind again and then he had me google some things... Like this very creepy Green bottle blue tarantula.

Suuuuure, to certain people it might be pretty, but not this people. Ugh not a big fan of big blue and orange spiders, imagine finding that in your house! Besides this little wonder he had me look for a vampire squid, by this point I was starting to think WTF??

Little creepy right? And lastly he had me look for this...

Now this I can live with. Its so bright and pretty :) This is a poison dart frog, one of many. Theres even one named after a strawberry.

So finally I have my 3 colours and a workable idea. I used sunkissed, black forest and jazzberry blue. I have another yellow, not too sure what the name is right now, but I settled for sunkissed as it also has a shimmer like jazzberry blue.

And as you can see my top coat smeared my spots :( I hate it when that happens. I was very tempted to redo it, but I thought screw it. In retrospect I should probably have waited a little longer before I top coated. Too late now.

The other part of the competion was to take a pretty picture with the art, so this is my picture that I submitted to the competition.

What do you think? BF said to me it turned out better than what he thought. Probably because of what he had in mind...
Let me know what you think or like my Facebook page Sarcastic by Nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.