Saturday 13 September 2014

Paint it YELLOW!!

Man, I feel that I haven't been getting time to do any posts.
I have been having a hard time lately with people criticising me for my nail art, not in the aspect of how good or bad it is, but more along the lines of "Where do you get the time, don't you clean your house?" "Don't you have better things to do?"
And you know what, SCREW you all. I don't have to answer to anyone. I make time for myself. Because if I don't, who will? Some people are saying that when I have children one day I won't be able to do it then, but you know what? Even then I will make time. Why should I lose who I am and what defines me, just because it has happened to them? Sure, maybe right now I don't understand it, maybe one day I will, but for now, I am who I am.

Anyway enough of that, on to the nails!!
A friend of mine recently had a profile picture competition on her FB page, Do My Nails. The theme was Paint it Yellow.
I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do, but I really wanted to try to do a waterfall mani. I wasn't too sure either what yellow I wanted to use. I only have two, so I decided to try the one I haven't used before. It was Tip Top Nails South Africa's Summer Secret. And I have to admit, I do not like this one, not because of the colour itself, but even after 3 coats and a white bottom its still not opaque. My special brand of OCD does not allow for my nail line to show. But let me share the full mani.


It's not bad, considering that I got a lot of compliments for this one. Most people said it looked like fire, that wasn't the plan, but hey, I'm not complaining. I used my nail art brush and made the stripes with Tip Top Cherries in the Snow, Salsa Pop and Armourplate. I actually really like how this turned out. My lines aren't all the same lenght or very straight, but I think that is what makes it very cool.

Like I mentioned I'm not a fan of the yellow polish, don't get me wrong, I love the colour, but the fact that it's not opaque, annoys me to no end. I'm really not sure if I'll use it again. Maybe I could use it for a glitter sandwich... What do you think?

Oh, my mother liked it so much she had me do her nails the same way...

For her I used Tip Top As the beat grows on, I just loooove this neon green!

I'm gonna try a waterfall mani again some time, maybe with some blues or pinks and maybe with some more stripes... I think I was going with the less is more look ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.