Tuesday 21 April 2020

#52weeknailchallenge: Easter

I was doing so well with my posting and then I ended up working 3 weekends in a row and all my plans went out the window. Maybe I can get back on track again this week. Although I can only do my nails on the weekends now, as our times have changed. So I spend less time at home.

I'm not a huge fan of Easter mani's. I always struggle with ideas and then egg-xecution (see what I did there?). For this one I browsed Pinterest for a bit and came across this and decided to use it as my inspiration.

I started with three coats of Hean 879 on all my nails. Top coated as I was going to use vinyls. While I was waiting a placed some bunny ears vinyls from the Easter two set from becauseishop on my miracle mat. I painted two coats of Hean 401, removing the vinyl immediately. Once that was dry, I added a strip of China Glaze hang-ten toes to the middle of the ears.
Once the ears were dry, I placed one on my ring finger and top coated again. While that was drying I used the grass vinyls from the same set as the ears on the rest of my nails. Placed them at the tips of my nails and painted a coat of Celestial you can eat the grass?, removing the vinyls immediately. I then added some dots with Painted Polish stamped in scales, China Glaze meet me in the mirage and hang-ten toes.
My ring finger getting the same treatment once it was dry. What do you think? I do like how this turned out. I feel like I should have made the grass longer though, but then it would probably have been too long.
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.