Monday 24 February 2020

#52weeknailchallenge: foil

I was both excited and nervous for this prompt... I have foils, but I've never used them before and they always seemed a little finicky to me. Let me show you what I did.

I started with two coats of Essence gossip girl on my thumb, index finger and pinky. On my middle and ring finger I have three coats of Hean 870.
I top coated my middle and ring finger as I was going to use the foil on them. I waited about 20 mins  and then used Nicole Diary foil glue. I tried for a brush strokey distressed look, but it didn't quite work.
On my index finger I stamped a single line with Nicole Diary black from Lina feeling shapely 1. I then used a piece of foil immediately after wiping some alcohol on the back of the foil. It didn't transfer as nicely as I wanted it to, but at least its there.
What do you think? I'm not sure how I feel about it... Some of it I like more than others, but overall I feel a little meh about it.

Thanks for reading!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea but it looks a bit messy to me... then again, I haven't tried foil at all so I shouldn't be saying anything ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't know if messy is a good or bad thing here!

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.