Tuesday 15 October 2019

#52weeknailchallenge: newspaper

Can you believe that in all the time I have been doing nails, I have never done newspaper nails! So this is a good time to give it a go.

I started with 3 coats of Hean I love Hean 873 on all my nails. I'm fairly certain when I used this polish the first time I didn't need 3 coats... Does this happen to you too?
I then took some newspaper clippings, put it on my nail and put a cotton pad soaked in alcohol over the clipping. Here I learned something, don't do it that way! When I place the cotton pad over the clipping it moves, and makes the transfer skew. I then put the clipping on the pad and then placed it on my nail and this worked much better.
I then added some decals.
What do you think? I think the decals hide the print quite a bit and I'm not there yet for me to freehand the flowers.
Thanks for reading!!




4 comments:

  1. I was right there with you with not having done newspaper nails... so you're ahead of me now!
    I like it! The print makes a nice base for the flowers... yep, definitely a winner (and of course I can totally do this with a stamp so no need for me to try that stuff with clippings and alcohol ;)

    ReplyDelete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.