Friday 26 October 2018

Friday Triad: Inspired by Bedizzlenails

It's that time of the month again where Joyce, Michelle and I post our inspired manis. This month was Joyce's turn to choose and she chose this (or rather her husband, as he wanted to see cemetery stuff)(There is no way she would have chosen this herself).

So I was drawn to the graveyard theme and I knew that was going to be my focus, I was also contemplating using a blue background, but I settled on a gradient. I started with 1 coat of Ulta3 black satin on my thumb and pinky. On my index, middle and ring finger I have a coat of Hean City Fashion white. For my gradient I used CF 197 (at my cuticle), 176 and 174.
I top coated and then added my decals. The pumpkin was a little sheer so I added a coat of white polish on the back, waited for that to dry, then placed it on my nail. And then my top coat melted it. (I need a rolley eye emoji right about now!)
I had to space my graveyard decals as it came in a single strip and I needed it for 6 nails! So the edges I just coloured in a little with a black striping polish which worked perfectly adding to the grassy look of it all.
What do you think? I rather like how it came out and the decals are worth a zoom, not too close though!
Do go on over to Michelle and Joyce's little spots on the webs and have a look at what they did... I'm quite interested to see what they did. And one more because I really do like how it turned out.
Thanks for reading!!!

4 comments:

  1. *wolf whistles* that is gorgeous!! I really love the gradient. It created the perfect 'dusk sky' feel for the background. How gorgeous are those decals! The pumpkin might be my very favourite! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!! I would never ever have guessed you would go for a daylight cemetery but it looks awesome, shriveled pumpkin and all (of course it's shriveled... it has been waiting there for ages) and wow... I REALLY need to work on my vinyls skills as I just love how your tombstones came out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here to surprise! I'm ecstatic you guys like it.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.