Friday 28 September 2018

Friday Triad: Inspired by Olga (@son_nail)

It's that time again! I can't believe we at the end of another month. I wonder how many Triad posts we have done already...

So this month it was my turn and I chose this mani done by @son_nail. I had loads of floral and negative space looks saved as inspiration, but I didn't want to do floral and not everyone likes negative space... So I chose the least offensive one! 

I started with two coats of Cirque Colors pebble on my thumb, index and middle finger. My pinky has one coat of Sorbet chic me baby.
On my ring finger I have two coats of a random HD polish. The aztec design (thanks Mich)(now you know where it's from), is decals from Aliexpress.
The leaves I stamped with Munde de Unas caramel from Lina Summer 2. So whilst doing this, I realised that I can't place decals in a straight line.... Even when I use my clear stamper!! 
I do like how this turned out, but I don't love it... It doesn't quite grab me like the original did. I think I should have used a different colour on my ring finger. What do you think?

Head on over to Joyce and Michelle to see how they totally rock this!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I really love it and the colours you used but I didn't even notice the leaves till you mentioned it. Of course, now I see it. I like the aztec (yay aztec ;) ) and how you combined it with everything, Looks pretty straight to me (I suck at straight stuff too).

    Really really really great job. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh mine seems so meh compared to yours.

      Thanks though.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I know, I know! If we include the very first one we did as a trial in november 2016 this is our 22nd manicure together (do I suffer from OCD? Well... I don't think I SUFFER from it ;)

    I love Pebble on you and it's gorgeous combined with the Aztec and the dark brown. I wonder if this design would have grabbed you more of the leaves had a bit more contrast with the back, but even with the hidden foliage I like it... a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I knew you would know! And as long as you feel that you don't "suffer", why not?

      I also think you're right about the hidden foilage... It's pretty but needed more.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.