Friday 24 November 2017

Friday Triad: Inspired by Ane Li

We back for another triad! This time it was Joyce's turn and she is definitely getting me back for the spider from October.

She chose this mani by @ane_li. Which is intimidating by itself, but she chose one with a marble!! So I wanted to do a actual marble and I tried, but I had spreading problems and design issues. I then did what any rational person would do and I reached for my stamping plates.

Since I don't have any watermarble stamping plates ( I know, sad really), but just random images on random plates... I looked for one that looked "petal-ly", as BF said the original looked "petal-ly". And this is what I did.
I started with two coats of Hean City Fashion 169 on my thumb and index, two coats of City Fashion 164 on my pinky and two coats of Hean I love Hean 873 from the pastel collection on my middle and ring finger.
For the gradient I used (from the tip) City Fashion 164, 169, 174 and I love Hean 873. On my ring finger I stamped using an image from BP-L005 and essence white stampy polish. I top coated and then a coat of OPI matte top coat on my middle and ring finger.
When I settled with a stamp and colours I kinda thought to myself, how is Joyce going to do this... Because obviously she won't do a marble on all her nails.

What do you think? It's clearly inspired by the original (hopefully) and it has a dash of Joyce (or at least I think it does).

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop over and give Michelle and Joyce some love!


7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh... this is gorgeous!!!! And it definitely has a dash of me as well (in fact, it looks a lot like mine, just way nicer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And while gushing I totally forgot to mention that I love your idea of stamping. Hubby commented your marble looks great so you chose perfectly!

      Delete
    2. Haha thanks! I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. Wow look at you. Looks stunning. Love the colours and love the Joyce-ism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really REALLY love this, the ring finger is just beyond amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.