Wednesday 6 September 2017

#52weeknailchallenge: spring

I must say I did not look forward to this prompt. Reason being next week's prompt is flowers... Spring is flowers, so do I do flowers 2 weeks in a row? That was the dilemma I chatted to Michelle about and she suggested a dry brush with pastel colours...

I then remembered this mani done by @juli_addicted. And I wanted to do something similar. So I started with two coats of Hean City Fashion white on all my nails... I initially played around with some polishes to get the colours I wanted to use. Even called in the help of BF.
I settled on I love Hean 878, 876, 872, all from the pastel collection and Tip Top cha cha cha. I dry brushed them on and while that was drying I laid down some striping tape on my mat for the black strip of polish. I used I love Hean black for that.
While that was drying I painted a coat of Essence I love my golden pumps on my nails. And then another round of drying started. I then cut up the black strips randomly placed them on my nails, top coated and eventually tried to ignore the brown tinge that was starting to form around the black.
All in all I kinda like it. What do you think? I'm not sure if it's quite spring, but it will have to do.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for spring! We're coming into fall so I'm a little jealous! I LOVE the nail art, I think you captured spring in colours perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe and I prefer your autumn... I was a bit iffy about this, but I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. I can only agree with Ithi, perfect spring colors and a fun manicure :)

    ReplyDelete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.