Wednesday 20 September 2017

#52weeknailchallenge: green

I'm thinking that everyone would assume I've been waiting for this prompt. Because green. But I didn't. As much as I love love green, it's not a colour I wear all that often. I tend to lean towards purple and blue more often, even pink!! So when green came around I didn't really know what I wanted to do.

I settled on a smoosh. I started with a coat of Essence L.O.L as a base. I wasn't too worried about it being opaque or not, since smoosh. For the actual smoosh (yeah I'm just gonna say smoosh all the time), I used color club wild cactus, nubar conserve and essence good limes. Surprisingly enough all 3 those polishes were gifted to me by Michelle. She's a keeper.
Once the smoosh was done, I wanted to add something more and I settled for some glitter. I have a couple glitter toppers but almost never know when is the best time to use it. So I thought this would be a good time. I added a coat of Tip Top rocky road. Also, just ignore my thumb... I'm not sure how she slipped in, I only noticed when I was editing and by then it was too late.
I didn't fish for the glitters only for the bigger ones.
What do you think? My phone decided to take a blurry picture and it shows the holo of rocky road so nicely.
It's almost like a green galaxy...

Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

  1. Ha, that was the first thing going through my mind when I saw your nails: green galaxy and a beautiful one at that!
    I guess Michelle really doesn't like you, gifting you all these polishes that you hardly ever wear... (nah, she's definitely a keeper ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe she's great at gifting!! And I try to give all my polishes equal love and attention, but it's a little difficult having so many and so little fingers!

      Delete
  2. I love your green galaxy! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.