Saturday 15 April 2017

#52weeknailchallenge: inspired by a fictional character

Ah man I am so annoyed with myself, I had this post ready for some time and I just never posted it. So here it is, very late.

I started with two coats of Starrily bioluminesence.
And since this is a holo polish, here is the flash shot.
First I just added some silver bubbles that I stamped using plate hehe 60 and nubar silver mist.
I then added a stamping decal a couple of days later as I wanted to add the character that I had in mind.
So that is Ponyo, from the movie with the same name. You can't really see the face very well, but my polish I used for the stamping was not quite opaque. I used Tip Top mango tango for Ponyo and then coloured in her dress with essence santa baby and she is coloured in with I love Hean 871 from the pastel collection.
Ponyo is one of my favourite Studio Ghibli movies. She starts out as a fish that wants to be human and her dad, a wizard, voiced by none other than Liam Neeson, makes that happen in the end, all because of love.
What do you think? It could have been worse... Yip that's me looking on the bright side.

Thanks for reading guys!!


6 comments:

  1. Awwww... she looks adorable! I had to look up the movie as I didn't know it and I think you did great when I look at the pictures that IMDb shows of it. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you... You should try and watch it at some stage. Studio Ghibli movies are very well done and not quite Disney, I mean the one movie is about one of the World War's. Very good.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of the movie but that polish is gorgeous!!! And the stamping perfect! Love it!
    Renita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also not heard of the movie but have now added it to my list. I love what you did here though! Really. I think it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich, let me know what you think of the movie.

      Delete

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.